Job applicants who come to you with a National Career Readiness Certificate® (NCRC®) have proven themselves ready for employment by testing successfully in the three areas covered by the credential: Workplace Documents, Applied Math, and Graphic Literacy.
The NCRC® can reduce hiring time and costs. Improvements in the skills documented by the NCRC® have been shown by research to improve the quality of new hires, reduce training time, reduce turnover, and increase productivity.
Job-seekers prepare for the certificate test by participating in assessment and training in the areas identified (Workplace Documents, Applied Math, and Graphic Literacy). In addition, individuals will participate in a Soft Skills Training Course taught by Manchester Community College.
The Soft Skills Course is a classroom-based component of the WorkReadyNH Program that places participants in simulated workplace-related settings and covers areas that include:
- Resumés, cover letters & portfolios
- Job search methods & interviews
- Team-building & conflict resolution
- Diversity, harassment & bullying
- Customer service & business ethics
- Employer expectations
- Communication strategies
- Problem-solving & decision-making
- Critical thinking & workplace safety
- Personal brand & performance reviews
Please review our WorkReadyNH Program Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.