The purpose of this Guideline is to make clear the expectations of a proposal presented to Student Senate. This governing group's sole purpose is to represent the student body and to help fund recognized student clubs. A portion of the Student Comprehensive Fee that all students pay when taking classes is given to Student Senate to allocate to recognized clubs for student activities (currently $1.50 per credit).
- Proposals should be given to either the Student Senate President or the Director of Student Life so that Student Senate may review the request.
- A club representative should be in attendance at the designated Senate budget review meeting to present their club's proposal to Student Senate and to answer any questions that may arise.
- Student Senate, in terms of trips and conferences, funds 50% of the students cost (up to $500 per student) and 100% of the advisor cost.
- Student Senate covers up to $10 per club member towards logo wear (i.e. clothing items).
- All monetary figures in the proposal should be backed by a quote.
Forms to Complete
- Senate Budget Form
Gives the overall amount that you want to request from Student Senate in an easy to fill out format.
- MCC Trip/Conference Form
Breaks down the overall cost to Student Senate. Gives Student Senate an idea of the purpose of the Trip/Conference. The overall cost from this form will be the figure put in the budget/request.
- MCC Club Event Form
Breaks down the overall cost to Student Senate. The overall cost from this form will be the figure put in the budget/request.