Apply for federal CRRSA funds to cover tuition and other costs for spring semester. Visit our Tuition Assistance page for full details. Learn more about how MCC is responding to the COVID-19 health situation.
Apply Now! Manchester Community College


Credit Courses

All refunds require that the student complete an official withdrawal form.

Students who officially withdraw from the college or an individual course by the end of the fourteenth (14th) calendar day of the semester will receive a 100% refund of tuition, less non-refundable fees. Students in classes that meet in a format shorter than the traditional semester (15-16 weeks) will have seven (7) calendar days from the designated start of the alternative semester to withdraw for a full refund. If the seventh (7th) or fourteenth (14th) calendar day falls on a weekend or holiday, the drop refund date will be the first business day following the weekend or holiday.

Exception: Students in courses that meet for two weeks or fewer must drop by the end of the first day of the class in order to get a 100% refund. By MCC policy, no refunds will be granted after that date. Non-refundable fees are defined as advance tuition. All other fees are considered refundable. This includes, but is not limited to, the comprehensive student service fee.

Appeals regarding tuition refunds should be directed in writing to the Student Financial Appeals Team c/o the Office of Academic Affairs or via email to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. In order to receive a tuition credit, supporting information such as physician’s note, hospital confirmation, military assignment, etc., must be provided. Students wishing to be considered for an exception must still compete the add/drop form.

If you decide to drop a class... DO NOT JUST STOP ATTENDING. Fill out an Drop / Add Form and return it to the Registrar's Office, or drop your class online via the Student Information System (SIS).

Non-Credit Courses

Students registered for non-credit workshops and courses must withdraw in writing at least three days prior to the first workshop session in order to receive a full refund of tuition and fees.

Return of Title IV Funds: Mandated by Law

Students who withdraw from school before the 60% point in a semester will have to repay a portion or all of their Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, and Federal Perkins Loan funds to the U.S. Department of Education. In terms of Federal Family Education Loans (Stafford student loans), the unearned portion of the loan money will be returned to the student’s lender. The exact amount required to be returned will vary, depending on the amount of grant and loan money the student received and at what point in time the student withdraws from the college.

In addition, the student will be liable for the balance owed the college for tuition, fees, and if applicable, room and board. The student will receive a revised statement of account for the expenses incurred, which will include the reduction and/or loss of Federal Title IV funds.

NOTE: Federal Stafford Loans (FFELP). If a student is in the first year of an undergraduate program, is a first-time borrower under the FFEL Program (Stafford Loan), and withdraws from the college prior to 30 days into the term, the student becomes INELIGIBLE for the Stafford Loan. Students who choose to withdraw from the College must complete a College Withdrawal Form. This form must be signed by the student and various campus offices and then be returned to the Registrar's Office.