The MCC Academic Success Center offers free tutoring for students. Tutoring is provided by appointment for a variety of subjects including math, accounting, English composition, English language learning, writing help in any course, A&P I&II, chemistry, biology, physics, microbiology, pharmacology, and Microsoft computer applications. Tutoring is available Monday - Friday (hours vary) and on Saturday* 9am-2pm in the Library/Learning Commons. *Note: Saturday hours are only available during the fall and spring semesters.
Current students can schedule an appointment for tutoring online via Navigate. If there is not a matching availability of time or subject currently on the schedule, students can fill out the request tutoring form.
Tutors are professional tutors, peer tutors and English professors. The weekly tutor schedule lists tutors, their subjects and the times they are available.
If you want a tutor for a subject that is not listed, please fill out the tutor request form below and we will look for a tutor. Tutors are not available for all subjects and courses offered at MCC.
What do tutors do?
Tutors can answer questions, review course material, help you organize your writing and look over papers and assignments.
Some reasons to meet with a tutor:
- You are having trouble understanding course material,
- You get behind in your class,
- You receive low test scores, or
- You need help with math calculations.
24/7 Online Tutoring
Free online tutoring is also available to all students 24/7 via computer or mobile device. With this service—called Smarthinking— you work with online tutors in real time. Tutors can review papers that you submit to them (within 24 hours). Help is available by drop-in or by appointment and is accessed from within Canvas.
Josh's summer hours are:
Request for Tutoring Form
Note: Although we try to provide tutoring in most courses and subject areas, tutors may not be available for every class. We will do our best to respond to your request in a timely manner; however, if you have not heard from us after a few days, please feel free to call the Academic Success Center at (603) 206-8140 and follow-up on your request.
- Before submitting this request, be sure to check the weekly tutoring schedule to see if there is a tutor available in your subject area. If you need help understanding the schedule, please ask a member of the Academic Success Center.
- Continue to attend all class and lab sessions.
- Complete all homework assignments to the best of your ability.
- Utilize your instructor’s office hours.
- Complete the form below with as much information as possible to help us better assist you.