Students applying for the LPN to RN Completion Option are required to complete the National League for Nursing (NLN) Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam—Book I: Foundations of Nursing exam (NACE I). This exam will be computer-based and administered in a 3.5 (three and one-half) hour session.
At a Glance
- Computer-based, multiple choice
- Prepare using NCLEX-PN study guides and the outline of exam content.
- Must obtain a minimum decision score of 75 or higher to be considered for admission
- Test scores valid for one application year only
- Testing for the exam is limited to twice per application year with a minimum of 6 weeks separating each exam
- Cost is $65.00 payable to NLN via credit/debit card online AND $30.00 payable to MCC in check at time of test. Make checks payable to Manchester Community College.
- Submit the registration form when paying fee to MCC.
Test dates will be offered in the Fall:
- Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3pm in Room 276
- Friday, November 15, 2019 at 3pm in Room 276
- Friday, December 13, 2019 at 3pm in Room 276
This is a proctored exam that starts promptly at the time indicated. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early as late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- Register online at the NLN portal and pay fee with credit/debit. For assistance in using the NLN Testing portal, consult the student guide.
- Consult the outline of exam content to prepare for the test
- Fill out the registration form, to be submitted on the day of the test
- On the day of the test, submit the registration form and $25.00 fee (checks payable to Manchester Community College)