Please contact the Office of Online Learning if you have any questions that remain unanswered!
Phone: (603) 206-8155
Office: Learning Commons
1. How do I know if I will be successful at online learning?
2. What degrees to you offer online?
There is a list of online degrees & opportunities available.
3. What support services are available?
Academic support services are available in person through the Academic Success Center, or from your faculty member. Once you have access to Canvas you will also have admission to Smarthinking Online Tutoring. You may also contact the Advising Center if you need online advising assistance.
4. What do I need for a computer and software?
The most important part of on-line learning is a reliable computer, internet access and appropriate software to support your academic efforts. Click here for system requirements.
6. How do I register?
Current online students can register online through the Student Information System (SIS). New students must register by phone, fax, mail or in person. Check out the instructions on the Course Schedule page.
7. How do I apply for admission?
In order to apply for admissions to one of the online degree or certificate programs, you would follow the same process as any other student. Go to the Admissions page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
8. How do I get my books?
The bookstore offers the convenience of sending your books to your front door. Visit the bookstore online or in person.
9. Can I access the Library?
Yes. You have the same access to all of our electronic resources off-campus as you do on campus. In order to access MCC Library Resources off campus you will need your EasyLogin (same as your Canvas, SIS, and email) information.
11. What happens if I have technical problems with Canvas?
You may access the CCSNH Online Support Center. The Online Support Center provides 24/7 Canvas support via live chat, self-help videos, or telephone and allows you to submit IT tickets if you need extra assistance.
14. How do I contact my instructor?
Your instructor can be contacted via email. He/she will provide you with that email address or once you are registered, you can obtain the email through the Student Information System (SIS).
15. Are online courses easier than on-campus classes?
No. Whether you take a class online or on campus, the content covered is the same. Online students must have motivation, self-discipline, time management skills and basic computer skills. For the majority of classes, writing skills are essential.
16. Is online learning a self-paced experience?
No. You will be expected to meet class deadlines for discussion, posting of information, assignments, etc. Please be sure to read and understand the specific expectations of your instructor by reading his/her syllabus as soon as you have access to your course.
17. Once I register for an online class, what will happen?
- Once registered for a course, you should set up your EasyLogin account (if you are a new student or have not done so yet).
- One week prior to the course beginning, the instructor will send you a "Welcome" Letter/Announcement to your CCSNH email account. Read the letter and familiarize yourself with your instructor(s) course policies and expectations.
- Order/purchase the course textbook.
- Log in to any additional resources that your course may be using and make sure that all access codes and permissions are set prior to the course start. (For example, if you are taking a Math course you might be using My Math Lab.) Getting these items worked out prior to getting started is important.
- After registration, it typically takes 24-48 hours for you to have access to your Canvas course.
- Instructors release the course 48 hours before the start of the term that you are registered for. If you do not "see" your course listed in Canvas see #18.
18. What if I cannot "see" my course listed in Canvas once I have registered?
19. Will my online classes transfer?
The decision on whether or not a course transfers is totally up to the institution you will be transferring to. Please check out the Career Development & Transfer Services Department for more information.
20. Where can I find a description of my class?
All course descriptions can be found in the college catalog course descriptions.
21. Do I have to be on my computer at a certain time every week?
No. You will be required to log in a minimum number of times each week (ask your instructor or look at the syllabus) but you may choose when to be on the computer for your course work according to your schedule (as long as course deadlines are met). Students are not required to log in at specific times but may be asked to login a certain amount of times a week, meet deadlines, or take part in "live" sessions. This will be clear in the course syllabus. Ask the instructor if you are unsure of course expectations.
22. Do I need a special email account for my courses?
All students at Manchester Community College are given college email addresses. You must use this account for all college related communication. It is the only email used within Canvas. It is essential to setup your CCSNH student email as soon as possible.
23. Who do I contact with specific concerns about online learning?