The Workforce Development Center collaborates with organizations to assess their training needs and provides high-quality customized credit, non-credit, and certificate courses and programs, which can be delivered at MCC or on site. These programs include but are not limited to:
- Business skills
- Communication skills
- Computer and information technology
- Customer service
- Cultural awareness
- English for non-native speakers
- Languages for business professionals
- Project management
The Workforce Development Center responds quickly to the changing needs of business and industry and provides professional development opportunities for those who need to sharpen their existing skills or learn new ones, maintain professional licenses or certifications, and for people looking for advancement or a new career challenge. Some of the innovative programs include:
- Computer and information technology
- Business and management
- Electrical apprenticeship
- Home inspection
- Medical terminology and coding
- Project management
Short-Term Professional Training
Administrative Assistant Certificate Program
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants are employed in organizations of every type. Around 90 percent are employed in service-providing industries, ranging from education and healthcare to government and retail trade. More and more, Administrative Assistants are being given managerial duties and responsibilities. When it comes to being a vital part of the office team, you’ll have the skills for the job. Students of the Continuing Education Center Administrative Assistants Program qualify for a free. Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as six months by studying just an hour a day for your new career. Take advantage of networking opportunities with your student membership in IAAP, the International Association of Administrative Professionals, the world’s premier organization for office professionals.
Audio Engineering & Mixing Certificate Program
The Audio Engineering Certificate is an ideal introductory program for those considering a career in audio. This non-credit certificate program prepares students for traditional study at a four-year university, or allows them to gain real-world experience in a modern recording studio, so they may apply for paid internships at studios, or perhaps open their own recording studio. The program blends class time with an externship program to give students real-world experience in a modern recording facility. The 96-hour certificate program consists of four courses:
- Audio Engineering (NCMI57) - Four week (8 hour) introduction to recording, mixing, and mastering.
- Audio Mixing Essentials (NCMI59) - Four week (8 hour) course focusing on modern mixing techniques.
- Audio Engineering Externship I* (NCMI82) - 36 hours of time spent at NHTunes recording studio in Manchester's millyard. Students learn the in's and out's of running a music studio, and shadow on mixing and recording sessions.
- Audio Engineering Externship 2* (NCMI83) - An additional 40 hours of time spent at NHTunes where students continue to learn the business, and will be expected to participate in mixing and recording sessions.
* Externship applicants must go through an interview process before being accepted into the externship program.
Lean Enterprise Certificate Program
The Lean Enterprise Certificate program is a hands-on Lean Principles curriculum designed for those who want to learn and apply Lean Principles within their organization. Students receive instruction in Lean Principles and then learn to apply concepts in a real working environment and facilitate a team of their classmates during on-site application days. Case Studies, simulations, and actual problems immerse students in the transformation of a business environment.
Who should attend?
- Representatives from companies starting their Lean journey
- Representatives from companies struggling with Lean implementation
- Lean champions/implementers/facilitators
- Managers who would like to improve their bottom line
- Companies looking to effect change within their organizations
Lean Enterprise Certificate participants learn to apply the concepts of cell design and flow, Lean Six Sigma, pull systems, 5S, setup reduction, TPM, and Value Stream Mapping. To maximize the student's investment, they work on two projects that directly transfer the content from the course into real world application. Students are required to present project results to the rest of the class. All application days are run in a structured Kaizen format to allow students to gain experience in facilitating Kaizen events.
Graduates are fully prepared to write the AME/SME Bronze Lean Certification exam.
Tube Fabrication and Forming Certificate Training
Get employer-driven training in this certificate program that will open the door to high-demand careers in high-tech manufacturing.
Manufacturing Skills (NCTD120M):
Learn the basic skills needed to work in a manufacturing environment. This introductory module includes blueprint reading, mechanical measurement and an overview of lean manufacturing. In this module, participants will have time to practice and hone their math skills.
Tube Formation (NCTD121M):
The skills that participants learned in the first module will be applied in the second. Learn the essentials of bending stainless steel tubes using the blueprint skills acquired in the first module. Participants will use basic tube forming tools to create aerospace industry quality tubes.
Welding for Tube Formation (NCTD122M):
In this module, participants will learn the essentials of welding shop safety. They will understand the different types of welding and when to use both. They will have hands on instructional time with an instructor in a welding booth.