Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Using Modern Digital Technology! Designed for digital audio beginners & intermediates who want to improve their home recording skills or even open their own project studio someday, this 4-week course focuses on using modern technology to make great-sounding recordings. Taught at the NHTunes recording studio in Manchester’s Millyard, students will study audio engineering fundamentals, as well as technology-specific audio applications. To gain 'real-world' experience in audio engineering, students will participate in actual mixing and mastering sessions.
What You'll Learn
- The basic concepts of digital audio recording.
- How to use digital audio software sequencers and plug-ins.
- The principals of, and gain proficiency in mixing and mastering audio.
- How to facilitate productive recording sessions.
- To identify & understand the key areas of the audio signal chain: room, sound source, microphone, preamp, converter, monitors.
Bob Desmarais owns and runs NHTunes, a 1,800+ sq ft studio in the Waumbec Mill which specializes in audio recording and piano, voice, and guitar lessons. A member of the Audio Engineering Society, Bob has been playing guitar professionally for nearly thirty years, and has been recording bands and soloists for nearly a decade. He currently performs in the acoustic duo Sonic Boomers. He has an MBA from SNHU, and a Guitar Certificate from Berklee College of Music.
The Art of Digital Audio Recording: A Practical Guide for Home and Studio by Steve Savage (ISBN-10: 0195394100 / ISBN-13: 978-0195394108)