Welcome to the Power of 2!
Enrolling at Manchester Community College is the first step toward earning two degrees through the New Hampshire Dual Admission Program. You now have a seamless academic pathway from the New Hampshire Community Colleges and one of the four members of the University System of New Hampshire (University of New Hampshire, Keene State, Plymouth State and Granite State). Complete your associate degree at MCC before transitioning to one of the members of the University System of New Hampshire to complete your bachelor's degree.
While working toward your associate degree and bachelor's degree at the same time, you will receive special academic advising and enjoy campus activities at two colleges.
Start at MCC and earn admission to one of these colleges:
Here's how you get started:
1Apply to MCC and indicate on the application that you would like to enroll in the Dual Admission Program.
2 Once you have been accepted and complete the Accuplacer Placement Test, you will meet with a MCC advisor to learn more.
3 Attend an information session and sign a Dual Admission Program contract outlining the program requirements. Admission to the University System of New Hampshire is guaranteed by maintaining a 2.5 grade point average and earning your associate degree, while remaining in good standing. Only courses in which you earn a "C" or better will transfer. It is important to talk to an academic advisor as you plan your courses.
Dual Admission Agreement Examples
Granite State College
- Computer Science and Innovation, AS to Computer Science Innovation, BS
- Early Childhood Education, AAS to Early Childhood Education, BS
- Nursing, AS to Nursing, BSN
- AS in Allied Health area, Business Studies, Management, or a closely related field to Health Care Management, BS
- AS or AAS in a nonbusiness field to Applied Studies: Management, BS
- Teacher Education, AS to Teacher Education, BS (multiple options)
Keene State College
- Early Childhood Education, AAS to Education: Early Childhood Development, BS
- Fine Arts, AA to Art: Studio Art, BA
- Graphic Design, AAS to Art: Graphic Design, BA
- Management, AS to Management, BS
- Marketing, AS to Marketing, BS
Plymouth State University
- Accounting, AS to Accounting, BS
- Business Studies, AA to Sports Management, BS
- Computer Science, AS to Computer Science, BS
- Early Childhood Education, AAS to Early Childhood Education Studies, BS
- Liberal Arts/Social Science, AA to Social Science, BS
- Management, AS to Business Administration, BS
- Marketing, AS to Business Administration, BS
- Mathematics, AS to Mathematics, BS
- Teacher Education/TC, AAS to Elementary Education (TC K-8), BS
- Computer Science, AS to Computer Information Systems, BS
- Liberal Arts/Behavioral Science, AA to Psychology, BA
- Liberal Arts/Social Science, AA to Politics and Society, BA
- Life Science, AS to Biological Science, BS
- Management, AA to Business, BA
(AA) - Associate of Arts
(AAS) - Associate of Applied Science
(AS) - Associate of Science
(BA) - Bachelor of Arts
(BS) - Bachelor of Science
(BSN) - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Admission to majors in USNH colleges is dependent upon meeting major specific requirements. Additional partnership programs have been established with the University System of New Hampshire to guarantee transfer into specific programs.
- The Dual Admission program is best suited for students in the specific degree programs with established dual admission agreements (such as the ones listed above).
* Other programs available at other area colleges. Programs subject to change.